Worried about your Facebook privacy? Don’t get worried! Go through this blog carefully to know the correct way of tweaking your online privacy settings.
Put strong password
Ensure your privacy by setting a strong password of your Facebook account.
Go through the given instructions to set a strong password.
- Firstly, click on the settings of the Facebook
- Then, on the left-hand side, press on Security and log in.
- After that, press on Edit. It will be placed towards the rightward side of change password and below the Login section.
- Next, put your present password.
- Lastly, set your strong new password by making it alphanumerical. Always remember not to use the same passwords for your net banking or mail account.
Set restriction on its use
Set a restriction on the number of people viewing your FB posts.
- Firstly, go to FB Settings.
- Then, on posts, ensure that the Friends option is getting displayed.
- After that, press on Next.
- Next, note that your private information is put to Only Me.
- Lastly, press on Finish.
Allow selected Facebook users to view your shared posts
After doing the above changes, if you would like to post something, but do not want some people to know about it, then there is nothing to worry about. There is a solution for the same. You can carefully choose the friends who can view your post, and the post will be viewable to only those people. It can be done by the given below instructions-
- Firstly, write the content in the status area.
- After that, check its drop-down menu to select the person whoever can have a look at it.
- Then, note that there will be in total three options given- the first one will be the Public, the second one will be Friends and last will be individuals.
Remove the tags
Remember that if you get tagged in any of the images by your friend, then even your friend’s friend can have a look at it. If you want to remove tags, then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press on the picture that you are tagged in.
- Then, press on Options. It will be given towards the end.
- After that, click on Remove tag.
- The above steps will make you remove the tag. Rather than this option, you can also click on Report Photo if you find anything offensive on it.
Billy Mark is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.